Viva La Vida - Coldplay (USED TO)

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

Level: intermediate 1 up

roll
alone
rise
key
long
fear
sword
rule
castles
head
wild
drums
string
sand
field
bells

I used to ______ the world
Seas would ______ when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep ______ 
Sweep the streets I used to own


I used to ______ the dice
Feel the ______ in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead!
______ live the king!"


One minute I held the ______ 
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my ______ stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of ______ 


I hear Jerusalem ______ are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my ______ and shield
My missionaries in a foreign ______ 
For some reason I can't explain
---
Once you go there was never
Never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world


It was the wicked and ______ wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of ______ 
People couldn't believe what I'd become


Revolutionaries wait
For my ______ on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely ______ 
Oh who would ever want to be king?


[chorus]
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
[chorus]
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world

Comments